YOUNG OPHTHALMOLOGISTS – THANKS FOR YOUR VIDEOS!
Please note that submission has now closed. Join us at #ESCRS2021!
Including ‘Learning from the Learners’ (Interactive Session on Cataract Surgery for Trainees).
The Young Ophthalmologists Programme will include video cases submitted by Young Ophthalmologists and discussed with the expert panellists.
SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED – EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE WAS 30 AUGUST 2021
Please submit your video(s) for consideration on one of the following topics:
- Capsulorhexis, hydrodissection
- Phacoemulsification I: getting a crack
- Phacoemulsification II: fluidics
- Intraocular lenses
- Small pupil / floppy iris
- Managing the torn posterior capsule and the dropped nucleus
GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- The high-resolution video should be cut to maximum 3 minutes in duration highlighting the selected topic
- All video submissions must be surgical
- Only one video author per video submission is permitted
- The video footage should be one of your first 50-100 cases
- Presentation slides, sound, or grafts are NOT permitted in the video
- Do not use fast forward in your video
- Do not write anything on the video including titles or comments
- You must ensure to choose a theme from the options given. All videos and abstracts will be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by members of the ESCRS Programme Committee. The decision of the committee is final
- This year the top 3 videos will be awarded a bursary of €1,000 and complimentary registration for the Winter Meeting in Vilamoura. The winners will be contacted in September
- If your video is accepted for presentation, you are thereby giving permission for the video to be shown during the Young Ophthalmologists Programme at the 26th ESCRS Winter Meeting 2022 in Vilamoura. You will be invited to join the session for a live discussion
- Failure to present without prior notice to the Programme Committee may influence future acceptance of videos in the Young Ophthalmologists Programme